Using Gas Cylinders Safely within Universities
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-002
This e-learning workshop is for staff and students who use gas cylinders and associated equipment in a university, college, or school environment.
The course includes an optional module on fixed gas supply piped systems and manifolds.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
At the end of the e-learning workshop learners will be able to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders
- Understand how cylinders operate
- Be aware of the hazards of asphyxia
- Recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment
- Identify flammability hazards
- Select the correct gas control equipment
- Identify the key stages in using cylinders safely
- Recognise the hazards associated with handling cylinders
- Re-assess current storage facilities in line with safe working practices
- Become proactive in assessing risk when using gas cylinders
- Introduce safe working practices into their working environment