HABC Level 2 Award in COSHH including Risk Assessments
This level 2 certificate in COSHH Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a COSHH risk assessment.
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-025
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill-health. The Level 2 Certificate in COSHH Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a COSHH risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice.
or email: email@example.com
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
Assessment Criteria – The learner can:
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to hazardous substances at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with statutory duties
- List the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substances safety information
- Define the terms hazard and risk with respect to hazardous substances
- List the different forms that hazardous substances can take
- Outline the health and safety effects that may arise following exposure or release of hazardous substances
- Outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- Describe how risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work
- Outline the five step process of risk assessment
- Outline the control hierarchy in respect of safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- Describe the general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
- Live Online
- Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
1 day followed by a multiple choice course assessment at the end of the training to gain certification.
Contact us for your HEaTED discount