HABC Level 2 Award in Fire Safety with risk assessments
The award in Fire Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a fire risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance.
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-027
Our training utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive techniques.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
Overall, the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience and, through tutor-led sessions, build on that experience so that every participant is able to manage risk assessment effectively and realistically.
The training sets out to develop sound and practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the certificated qualification assessment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to implement/understand:
- Reasons for Conducting Fire Risk Assessments
- Main Legislation Relating to Fire Risk Assessment
- Determining the Responsible Person
- Risk Assessment Approach to Fire Safety
- Competencies Required of Fire Risk Assessors
- Principles of the Fire Triangle and Fire Prevention
- Main Causes of Fire in Different Occupancies
- Recognising Fire Hazards in the Workplace
- Identifying the Location of People at Risk
- Evaluating the Adequacy of Existing Arrangements
- Principles of separation
- Detection and warning systems
- Means of escape
- Fire fighting
- Maintenance and testing of equipment
- Fire procedures
- Fire safety training
- Recording the Findings of a Fire Risk Assessment
- Making Recommendations Based on the Findings
- Reviewing and Revising a Fire Risk Assessment
“Excellent Course and venue, trainer brilliant and food was lovely” (Michael Tacon – Scottish Power)
“Neil was very accommodating to all questions and queries. I now feel more confident in recording certain information and detecting hazards which is really useful” (Michelle Mahoney – Money Advice Trust)
- Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
Contact us for your HEaTED discount
One day followed by an end of course assessment task testing knowledge and understanding of the fire risk assessment process.