The Train the Technical Trainer
Explore and assess the application of the key interpersonal and practical elements that underpin effective technical training.
Select the date you would like to attend by clicking the buttons below:
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim of the course is to explore, and to assess the application of, the key interpersonal and practical elements that underpin effective technical training.
The objectives are to help the participants to:
- plan and lead a coherent training session
- develop a constructive and cooperative atmosphere that maximises participant input
- deliver training events with increased confidence
- create activities aimed at reinforcing learning.
The outcomes – participants are expected to be able to:
- design and develop interactive training sessions
- confidently deliver training activity
- utilise new training capabilities
- implement practical solutions to support hands-on training
Course Summary – This course is composed of 3 parts:
- Pre-event activity – designed to provide a foundation for drawings on participants’ prior knowledge and ideas; to prepare participants’; also to give the TtTT trainer useful supporting information.
- The event
- Day 1 (full-day) – divided into coherent sessions, including interactive plenary and group exercises that builds on the interpersonal skills and the practical elements of technical training.
- Day 2 (half-day) – final preparation and a short 10 minute presentation by participants, followed by trainer feedback
- Post event learning in the workplace – opportunity to build on the feedback and practice in the workplace by (1) developing a workbook, to help build on the contact time learning.
By meeting the course outcomes participants will be able to implement effective skills in facilitating training and learning. This is a practical ‘learning by doing’ training programme. Participants will be using their expertise of techniques, facilities and tools for a short 10 minute training session they will be delivering.
1.5 x Course Credits
The host institution will provide a key point to contact to coordinate the delivery of the course, venue, morning, lunch and afternoon refreshments, audio visual equipment and some photocopying, where required. Booking and event evaluation is through HEaTED. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com