Facilitation Skills For Technicians
Enabling technicians to encourage and support the student learning process
Type of Course: Personal Development ⇲ Download Brochure
Course Reference: HOC-003, HFFC-016
Technician support to teaching and learning is essential in many institutions, both in practical and classroom settings. This CPD is designed to enable technicians to encourage and support the student learning process, including the provision of resources as a facilitator. We will explore the facilitator role, skills and behaviours appropriate to effective group facilitation and discussion, and their impact on outcomes, and skills of observation, analysis and feedback. By meeting the course outcomes participants will be able to implement effective skills in facilitating learning and use classroom management techniques and effective questioning to create a student-centred learning environment.
This course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from group discussions and individual reflection on the current practice. The participants will be encouraged to implement learnt skills in their work.
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim is to support technicians develop their skills in facilitating learning.
Objectives of the course include exploring the following:
- Identifying characteristics of group dynamics
- Facilitation skills in practice
- Facilitation skills and learning outcomes
- Advantages, disadvantages and delivery of facilitated learning
- Classroom management strategies
- Student centred learning approaches
- Effective questioning techniques
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use facilitation skills to effectively achieve learning outcomes
- Demonstrate classroom management strategies
- Describe student centred learning approaches
- Use effective questioning techniques
- Evaluate the effectiveness of facilitation skills in practice
“Excellent session. The facilitator is really engaging and the day has flown by.”
Unknown, 5 star rating given
“Thank you. A really engaging and informative session”
Unknown, 5 star rating given
This course has been awarded star ratings by our delegates to demonstrate the quality of the course. 5 being outstanding and 1 being poor.
63% rated this course – 5 stars
25% rated this course – 4 stars
12% rated this course – 3 stars
0% rated this course – 1/2 stars
- Online (HOC-003) – Instructor-led event
- Onsite (HFFC-016) – Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
1 Day (Around 6 hours)
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your
institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.