Change in the workplace for Technicians
Embedding and enabling successful change management skills for technicians
Type of Course: Management ⇲ Download Brochure
Course Reference: HOC-012, HFFC-021
Working in an ever changing environment has become the norm for many technicians in higher and further education. This includes restructuring of technical teams and functions, organisational initiatives and strategic goals that impact on technician teams. To operate in this new climate, technicians are expected to support, enable and, where appropriate, drive the change processes for success. However, without clear understanding of the change processes and knowledge of managing change, the change goals will all too often feel unachievable.
The course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from group discussions, individual reflection on the current practice. The participants will be encouraged to implement learnt skills in their work.
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim is to increase the knowledge and skills related to change management for technical staff.
Objectives of the course include exploring the following:
- Change initiatives under the microscope – processes and culture
- How to prepare your technical team and individuals for change
- How to work with resistors of change
- How to embed and sustain change in technical teams
- How to influence stakeholders – best practice for technicians
- Essential requirements for success in change management
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Effectively work in a change environment
- Tailor change management guidance to suit organisational situation
- Gain confidence and capability to motivate resistors of change
- Create change management communication plans
- Influence stakeholders to achieve change outcomes
- Online – Instructor-led event
- Onsite – Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
1 Day (Around 6 hours)
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your
institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.