Student centred customer service for technicians
Learn more about approaches to customer service and delivering an excellent student centred technical service.
Type of Course: Customer Service ⇲ Download Brochure
Course Reference: HOC-013, HFF-010
The importance of the student-centred customer service in the current HE context cannot be under estimated. Delivering technical services that meet the needs of students and clients, often perceived as customers, which satisfies and delights expectations in every interaction, is a great quality kite mark.
This course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from recent theory and practice, group discussions and individual reflection on the current practice. The participants will be encouraged to implement learnt skills in their work.
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim of this course is to explore various models and approaches to customer service and build the skills essential in delivering an excellent student centred technical service.
Objectives of the course include exploring the following:
- Customer satisfaction and customer service excellence models
- Partnerships in student-centred service
- Professional attitude and approach in student-centred culture
- Skills essential in delivering customer service
- Developing and action plan for improving customer service
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Communicate the importance of student centred customer service
- Recognise and build partnerships in student centred customer service
- Identify and apply key behaviours in creating student-centred culture
- Develop an action plan for improving customer service
- Apply skills essential in customer service:
- questioning and listening
- managing expectations
- difficult conversations
- Online (HOC-013) – Instructor-led event
- Onsite (HFFC-010) – Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
1 Day (Around 6 hours)
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your
institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.