Assertiveness skills for technicians
Discover how to be assertive and become an effective member of staff to improve the daily workings of your department.
Type of Course: Personal Development ⇲ Download Brochure
Course Reference: HOC-014, HFF-013
Have you thought about the results of your behaviour on your personal impact, professional effectiveness and your career? Have you considered how lack of assertion impacts organisations and on your own development?
Based on well-researched theories and rooted in everyday practice, this CPD will empower participants to instantly embed their learning into the workplace, enabling them to become more confident with their behaviour at work. We will work with real life scenarios and will be referring to real life practices to make the session as experiential as possible and to empower participants to take the learning and start using it straight away.
This course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from group discussions, individual reflection on the current practice. The participants will be encouraged to implement learnt skills in their work.
Select the date you would like to attend by clicking the buttons below:
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim is to equip participants with the practical tools and techniques necessary to increase their assertiveness in the services and support environment.
Objectives of the course include exploring the following:
- Beliefs, thinking processes, verbal and non-verbal aspects of our behaviours to understand how we can increase our assertiveness in all these aspects
- How the lack of assertion and aggression impacts on our personal impact and organisational results
- How to apply the learning in real life scenarios to make the sessions as experiential as possible
- How assertiveness can create empowerment
- How we are influenced by someone’s non-assertion or aggression
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between assertive, non-assertive and aggressive behaviours
- Recognise assertive, non-assertive, and aggressive, verbal and non-verbal behaviours
- Recognise assertive beliefs underpinning behaviours
- Create assertive solutions
- Plan to implement assertiveness learning
- Online (HOC-014) – Instructor-led event
- Onsite (HFFC-013) – Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
1 Day (Around 6 hours)
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your
institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.