Advanced leadership skills for technical staff
Take the next step in your journey to develop your skills and become a confident leader or manager.
Type of Course: Leadership ⇲ Download Brochure
Course Reference: HFFC-007, HOC-019
In the context of constant change, organisational and financial challenges, such as restructuring, the function of leadership is key to navigating and motivating people in achieving goals. This course has been designed for those who have line management responsibility and wish to further build their people management skills in the technical services environment. The two day CPD will focus on theories and models of leadership through a practical and tailored approach to leadership for technicians. The course will utilise work-related case studies to enhance your learning.
This course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from theory and practice, group discussions and individual reflection on the current practice. The participants will be encouraged to implement learnt skills in their work.
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to
deliver their management and leadership roles effectively.
Objectives of the course include exploring the following:
- Leadership style and competency
- Working within teams and the roles you play
- How and what you need to do to lead and develop an effective team
- How you lead and manage change
- Development networks and securing stakeholder buy-ins
- Adaptation, emotional intelligence and resilience
- Chairing effective meetings
- Leadership and the power of reflection
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
● Apply essential skills to perform leadership and management roles effectively
● Gain insight and ‘know-how’ on how to manage a team through change
● Create a supportive and effective framework for managing and leading people
● Become a reflective leadership practitioner and grow professionally
● Apply skills to help navigate organisational challenges and build development networks for positive impact
- Onsite – Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
- Online – Currently in development
HEaTED Members: £496.00
*Due to the Government restrictions and measures, our onsite courses are currently unavailable to safeguard our staff and delegates.
*The Online version of this course is currently in development.
2 Days (Around 12 hours)
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your
institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.