Engagement and Motivation for Technicians
Increase your skills and knowledge of team member engagement and motivation
According to the ‘State of the Global Workplace: 2021 Report’ by GALLUP, only 20% of employees are engaged at work. This shocking figure is coupled with findings of daily stress at 43%, daily worry at 41% and daily anger at 24%, which will no doubt impact on productivity, innovation and organisational change.
Engagement and motivation is key to building and maintaining relationships, and creating the conditions for team success. However, this can be a huge challenge and a source of stress in the current climate: remote work, furlough, anxiety, tensions, frustrations and struggles, productivity and communication challenges, coupled with transformational change and restructuring.
Technicians, like other staff groups in universities, have never been more in need of positive engagement and inclusiveness, to work together to maintain health and wellbeing, build stronger bonds and team morale, to deliver on tasks and activities. These challenges are manageable with the knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies related to personal effectiveness. The ability to motivate others, as well as self-motivation, is not only a powerful skill among supervisors, managers and leaders, but for individuals at all levels in the organisation. It will help everyone operate with confidence.
This course is tailor made to meet the needs of technical staff in Higher Education. It accommodates various learning styles, to allow participants to learn from theory and practice, group discussions and individual reflection on their current practice. It will utilise formative assessments to increase learner knowledge, competency and confidence; enabling and empowering them to implement learnt skills in their work.
This course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from group discussions and individual reflection on the current practice. The participants will be encouraged to implement learnt skills in their day to day work practice.
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
Aim: To equip participants with knowledge, insight and behavioural skills in engaging and motivating others, and themselves.
Objectives are to explore:-
- Engagement and motivation: what, why and how, including personal motivation
- Theories of motivation and application in the workplace
- Problems and solutions of motivation in the technical services
- Stress, anxiety and depression: blockers of engagement and motivation
- Empathy, relationships and productivity in teamwork
- Engaging through assertiveness and effective delegation
- Active listening, questioning and expectation management
- Team morale, resilience and situations ripe for motivation
By the end of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify the triggers of stress in the technical work environment
- Operate with confidence from increased awareness of the impact of stress, anxiety and depression
- Effectively build and maintain relationships
- Better engage and motivate team members
- Improve personal motivation, team morale and performance
- Instructor-led Online
- Face-to-face Onsite
1 Day (Around 6 hours)
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.