Stress and Resilience for Technicians
Take positive steps in managing stress so that you can become resilient
Type of Course: Personal Development ⇲ Download Brochure
Course Reference:HFFC-027 & HOC-026
According to the Labour Force Survey in the UK (HSE report statistics report, Nov 2020), stress, depression and anxiety contributed to over 50% of all work-related illnesses in 2019-20, resulting in the loss of 17.9 million working days. Dealing with stress, uncertainty and turbulence can therefore improve individual and team wellbeing for all within the technical workforce, who work to enable teaching, learning, and research and enterprise activities in higher education and research industries.
This course concentrates on what technicians can do to manage stress. It explores how they can increase their capacity to recover and bounce back from workplace setbacks and crises, and in so doing, build resilience to overcome stress and challenges in the technical services environment. It will focus on simple and practical processes to enable participants to effectively deal with stress for a positive impact on themselves and everyone around them.
Select the date you would like to attend by clicking the buttons below:
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The aim is to focus on practical processes in managing stress in the technical services environment and enable participants to become resilient.
There will be a mixture of interactive sessions, group work and learning through the use of individual and team diagnostics on this programme.
The course has been designed to accommodate various learning styles and to allow participants to learn from theory and practice, group discussions and individual reflection on their current practice. It will utilise formative assessments to increase learner knowledge, competency and confidence; enabling and empowering them to implement learnt skills in their work.
The course will explore the following themes:
- Definition of stress and explore what stress feels like
- Stress factors in the workplace
- Causes and effects of burnout
- Indicators and warning of stress, depression and anxiety
- Impact of stress on wellbeing and quality of performance
- Identifying steps to managing your own stress levels
- Skills and techniques of dealing with stress at work
- Understand why emotional resilience is important
- Wellbeing, mental health and work-life balance
By the end of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify the triggers of stress in the technical work environment
- Increase their awareness of the impact of stress, anxiety and depression
- Pursue actions to mitigate stress and thereby improve performance
- Handle challenges positively by maintaining their wellbeing
- Apply resilient skills and processes to bounce back from stress
● Online Instructor-led
● Face to face
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your
institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.