Using Oxy-fuel Gases Safely
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-005
This e-learning workshop is for staff and students who use oxy-fuel gases and associated equipment in a university, college or school environment for cutting, heating, burning, brazing or other similar processes.
The course includes an optional module on fixed gas supply piped systems and manifolds.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
At the end of the e-learning workshop learners will be able to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders
- Recognise how different cylinders operate
- Be aware of the hazards of asphyxia
- Recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment
- Identify flammability hazards
- Select the correct regulators
- Recognise the need for flashback arrestors
- Select the correct hoses, torch and nozzle
- Recognise the hazards of using incorrect manual handling techniques
- Re-assess storage facilities in line with current Codes of Practice, Legislation and Guidance Notes
- Introduce safe working practices into their working environment
This activity is subject to minimum group numbers but can be delivered on-site at your institution at a time and date to suit your team. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We offer a bulk-buy discount; every 10th online training access code purchased in a single transaction is half price.
For HEaTED members, we offer 1 free place for every 10 bookings, and 2 for groups of 15 or above.