HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment
This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-028
It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment. It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
The learner will:
- Understand why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment.
Assessment Criteria – The learner can:
- State the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health
- Outline the moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work
- Define key terms associated with risk assessment in the context of health and safety at work including:
– Near miss
– Accident triangle
– Risk assessment
– Risk control hierarchy
– Suitable and sufficient
- Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
- Outline the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Describe a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment
- Give examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work
- Outline a method that can be used to prioritise risks
- Outline the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the results of a risk assessment
- Live Online
Contact us for your HEaTED discount
One day followed by a multiple choice assessment to show understanding of the risk assessment process.