IOSH Managing Safely
The course is designed for managers and supervisors with responsibility for people or processes and will provide a basic, but broad and sound understanding of current health and safety requirements and principles.
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-037
This assessed course will cover the application of recognised management principles in health
and safety and will equip delegates to tackle issues in their own workplaces. Key topics
• Introducing managing safely
• Assessing risks
• Controlling risks
• Understanding responsibilities
• Understanding hazards
• Investigating incidents
• Measuring performance
This course is enhanced by integrating game-based learning to embed knowledge and drive
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
Delegates who complete the course should have a good understanding of these areas of Health & Safety and be able to answer the questions below:
Introducing managing safely:
– Why is it important to manage safely?
– What is your role in influencing managing safely?
– What is risk?
– What is a risk assessment?
– How are risk assessments carried out?
– How do you reduce risk?
– How do you decide which risk control to use?
– What does the law require you to do?
– How does the law work?
– What are the key parts of a health & Safety management system?
– What are common hazards?
– What can you do about common hazards?
– Why investigate incidents?
– How do incidents happen?
– How do you carry out an incident investigation?
– What is performance measurement about?
– How do you measure health and safety performance?
– What is auditing?
This course is followed by an end of course assessment and work-based risk assessment assignment for marking, to secure pass and receive IOSH certification.
“Excellent Presentation and Content!” – Humayan Khan
“Brought me back up to date with all my responsibilities in my job role” – Alan Rowett
“Really enjoyed Neil as a Trainer he was great!” – Alex Williams
“The Trainer Neil kept the discussion on a simple and generic level so it was easy to
understand and relate all aspects to day to day life. A really knowledgeable instructor
which made the material easy to understand.” – James Owen
“Really enjoyed the knowledge, professionalism, and friendliness of the instructor” – Sam Tinh
“Trainer was really interactive making the course more personal to our jobs” – Nathaniel
- Live Online
- Face-to-Face (Currently not available due to Covid-19 pandemic)
Contact us for your HEaTED discount
3 day course (provided in block or one day per week or two days together followed up
in two weeks by final day)