HTPP-056 PAT Testing Training Course
Type of Course: Health Safety & Environment
Course Reference: HTPP-056
You do not need to be an electrician to carry out PAT testing. In theory, anyone can carry out PAT testing provided that they have the appropriate knowledge on how to perform the task safely. Undertaking a professional PAT training course is widely recognised as the best option for obtaining this knowledge and competency.
These PAT training courses are ideal for anyone, either with or without prior experience, looking to undertake PAT testing with confidence.
We train in compliance with the 5th Edition of “In Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment” by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
During our hands-on training courses we provide a selection of different PAT testers for use on the day. If you already have a PAT tester, you are welcome to bring this along and our tutors can help familiarise you with the operation of your PAT equipment.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the headings below to find more information about the course.
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Competency in PAT Testing.
The following topics are covered during the course:
● The Legal Requirement to Test
● Class I, II and III appliances
● Safety Risks & Typical Faults
● Frequency of Testing
● Fuse ratings & Visual Inspections
● Earth Bond Resistance Tests
● Insulation Resistance Tests
● Earth Leakage & Touch Current
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
● Perform and document visual inspections and PAT testing
● Understand test readings and assess the pass/fail appliance status
● Understand the reason why PAT Testing is performed
● Implement a risk-based approach regarding frequency of testing
● Use PAT testing equipment
● Identify appliance construction classes and test appropriately
The course fee will change depending on your needs. HEaTED members save up to 15% by booking through us.
We hold our PAT training courses in many UK cities on a monthly basis, including Watford,
Epsom, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Peterborough, Glasgow and others.
Courses can also be delivered at your premises for groups of 4-10 people.