The School of Healthcare Sciences is seeking to appoint someone who can support the Clinical Skills and Simulation Team as a Technician. The successful candidate will create, test and prepare materials and equipment needed for teaching in the Healthcare School.
The post is part time (14 hours per week) and is fixed term for 2 years.
- Provide a service to staff and students by maintaining, servicing and repairing materials, technology, simulation technology, and equipment within the School of Healthcare Sciences, advising and training staff and students on their appropriate use using established guidelines
- Prepare all materials and equipment as necessary for use in teaching and ensure area of responsibility is kept clean and tidy
- Undertake stock control, ensuring adequate security and levels of stock are maintained and stock is distributed as required
- Support the purchase of new equipment and consumables under the direction of the Senior Simulation and Teaching Assistant, or Simulation Technology Manager
- Test the satisfactory operation of equipment and carry out fault diagnosis
- Deal with simple and routine enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, following established procedures, referring complex enquires to relevant staff members, ensuring all relevant facts and information needed is recorded and passed on
- Assist in the maintenance of routine records, updating databases and analysing routine data/information as required
- Plan and manage small projects ensuring the effective use of resources
- To engage in continuous professional development (CPD), ensuring that develops in simulation technology and practices are fully understood and supported
- Participate actively within the work team, setting an example and showing a flexible approach to delivering team results
- At certain times of year, to work flexible hours in order to ensure that cover is available for teaching taking place outside of normal office hours
- To provide cover across multiple sites as directed by management
Closing Date: 16th February 2021